Verifying hierarchical Ptolemy II discrete-event models using Real-Time Maude
- Verifying hierarchical Ptolemy II discrete-event models using Real-Time Maude
- Bae, K; Olveczky, PC; Feng, TH; Lee, EA; Tripakis, S
- Date Issued
- This paper defines a real-time rewriting logic semantics for a significant subset of Ptolemy II discrete-event models. This is a challenging task, since such models combine a synchronous fixed-point semantics with hierarchical structure, explicit time, and a rich expression language. The code generation features of Ptolemy II have been leveraged to automatically synthesize a Real-Time Maude verification model from a Ptolemy II design model, and to integrate Real-Time Maude verification of the synthesized model into Ptolemy II. This enables a model-engineering process that combines the convenience of Ptolemy II DE modeling and simulation with formal verification in Real-Time Maude. We illustrate such formal verification of Ptolemy II models with three case studies. (C) 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Article Type
- SCIENCE OF COMPUTER PROGRAMMING, vol. 77, no. 12, page. 1235 - 1271, 2012-10-01
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.